At St. Luke’s, we believe in an intentional faith map for kids birth through college-aged. Our STEPS curriculum and programming are designed to move our students through age-appropriate lessons. Here’s a quick outline.
- 5th-6th Grade – Foundations: We rotate through the Old & New Testament to provide a meta-narrative of the Bible to our preteens.
- 7th Grade – Confirmation: We talk about where our faith comes from and give students a chance to make a profession of faith in God and membership at St. Luke’s.
- 8th Grade – Spiritual Gifts: Students respond to their vow of membership by learning about the unique gifts they have to give to the church and beyond.
- 9th-10th Grade – Spiritual Practices: We talk about key spiritual practices to help students personalize their faith in a real way.
- 11th-12th Grade – Spiritual Roots: Students are invited to participate in workshops that help prepare them for college and beyond.